Prev: Re: John's Bogies. . . Next: Re: John's Bogies. . .

Re: John's Bogies. . .

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 12:57:51 -0400
Subject: Re: John's Bogies. . .

At 01:40 PM 10/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've always figured Bogies had a devil-may-care attitude but strong
>motivational leaders (low motivation when out of sight of force leader,
high
>otherwise), low durability under stress (D6 armour), only light slow
power
>armour, and a tendency toward high firepower low impact weapons.  They
are
>poor in close combat, but well-armed, which offsets them back to a
quality
>die on close combat.

I've got two different version of them in mind, to be honest.  The
ShockForce version is the significantly less serious of the two;
although
the Stargrunt version ain't all that much better....  This is all of the
top of my head, but:

Basic troopers have 8"/2d8 movement, d6 armor, and generally low
motivation
(especially when being fired on) but are very quick to rally -- if the
danger isn't immediate, it just isn't real to them.  But when the enemy
is
in sight, they must make a confidence check to do ANYTHING other than
retreat or hide.  In close combat, they will instincitvely gang up on
the
enemy -- never less than 3 Bogies on a single opponent.  Their jumppacks
give them a one-time-only movement of 24", although they tend to scatter
(using the drop troops rules) when landing.

I think that the powered armor is big enough to be considered Heavy,
although it's definately Slow as well.	And I see their rifles pretty
much
the same way you do: Firepower of 3, Impact of d6 or d8.  And I'm not
even
sure that I want to touch the idea of SGII stats for the Smartbomb.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: John's Bogies. . . Next: Re: John's Bogies. . .