Prev: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site Update Next: Re: Steven's medieval rules

Re: FT-Mobile Suits

From: "Chip Dunning" <edunning@s...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:16:41 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

> >I'd say you'd have to see the shows.  It seems more a matter of style
than
> >anything.  The PDS systems in Gundam are not shown as being tough
enough
> >take out a MS in one shot.  They pick away at  them, chewing them
into
> >little mecha bits, then a big ball of fire.

Well, my Gundam experience only applies to The Movie, 0083, 0080 - so it
is
limited. But from those shows MS mostly fight each other - the capital
ships
serve mostly to launch Mobile Suits into combat. If a suit can get past
the
main line of defense (other MS) they rip into capital ships. There are
several instances of MSs destroying Frigates/DDs in fairly quick order.
    For the Caps - MS are best destroyed by large beam batteries and
sub-munitions.

> M 'You mean that big box in the corner w/antennae does more than
> collect dust?' k

I have heard that in certain parts of the world the black box can
actually
receive invisible waves which are used to display moving pictures.
Personally, I have not tried this out for several years - my box only
being
used for VHS/DVDs. I have cable only for the modem - and that is just
until
my local Bell gets off its fat ass and extends their ASDL line - I am a
fing
dang blast-it 150m from the farthest point they allow.

Chip
-----
Programming: It's not just a job - it's an indenture

Prev: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site Update Next: Re: Steven's medieval rules