Prev: Re: DS2 & Ogre Next: Re: DS2 & Ogre

Re: [FT] Jovian formation

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 06:42:41 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Jovian formation

Scientists who work on planetary formation theory consider Bode's Law as
an interesting mathematical idea that doesn't explain reality, but
rather happens to coincides with it in our star system.  Even if they
are wrong, Bode's Law doesn't work for our purposes because you have to
deal with captured satellites, planets and moons shifting their orbits,
etc.  The root of our problem is not just how star system form, it is
also how they evolve over time.  I have been trying to develop a star
system formation and evolution system that emulates reality for years.
I am no closer now then when I started, but I did learn how little I
really know.

IAS