Prev: [SG2] Dalek stats Next: Re: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas

Re: What a varied group!

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 05:19:40 -0400
Subject: Re: What a varied group!

Thomas Barclay wrote:
> - A man from NY that claims to bathe rarely.... <Jon D> ;)

And I get this comment from the man who called me a god earlier this
week.

> I've no doubt missed many more of our ecclectic group, but it strikes
> me there are probably few other games systems that can claim such a
> varied list of followers. Nor such a base of experience in just about
> every facet of military and civilian life from which to draw, nor the
> mental horsepower or computer capability to simulate, test, examine
> and often break just about any proposed game mechanic.

We see the diversity of the group that has attended the GZG East Coast
Conventions and the level of sportsmanship and competitiveness that is
represented there.

Erik Kochte had brought his WH40K stuff with him at the last convention
and fully intended to play with them if the GZG gamers were an obnoxious
bunch of pinheads.  (His GW stuff stayed in their boxes, with the
exception
of the figures that entered the miniatures contest.)

Don't mess with JP when he asks for identification.  He's been known to
fire a DFFG at APCs carrying Company lawyers.

Mike Sarno comes to a convention knowing no one and no rules to any of
the
games and has a blast.	He's already signed up to run two events next
year.

Jim Bell is quite the competitor when he's after heads during the French
Revolution game Guillotine.  It was quite satifying for his gaming group
when
Jim and I mutually destroyed each other's battleships in a head-on pass.

Stuart Murray really doesn't want to be Shogun.

I've had some very satisfying gaming memories after I begun playing Full
Thrust,
Dirtside, and Star Grunt.  As Jon (GZG) says, Play the game, not the
rules.

Jon

Prev: [SG2] Dalek stats Next: Re: Need Good SGII Camo Ideas