Prev: Re: Attack vs. MultiRole Next: Re: Attack vs. MultiRole

RE: Attack vs. MultiRole

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:26:50 -0400
Subject: RE: Attack vs. MultiRole

I would think that shooting at something would tend to draw its
attention.
And having drawn its attention, would draw its fire.
And having drawn its fire, would make the primary mission of landing
troops/cargo MUCH harder.

It seems to me single mission is the way to go.

-----
Brian Bell
brian_bell@dscc.dla.mil
bkb@beol.net
-----

[snip]

> I'm still of the opinion that if the troop ship can lob ordinance on
the
> target area on the way in it couldn't hurt. Not necessarily function
as a
> gunship, but suppressive fire on the way in and way out.

[snip]

Prev: Re: Attack vs. MultiRole Next: Re: Attack vs. MultiRole