Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: New Israel site update

Re: Attack vs. MultiRole

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 11:17:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Attack vs. MultiRole

Roger Books wrote:

> So you wouldn't have things set up with a big area affect weapon that
> you trigger just before touchdown that torches a large area around
> the ship?  No thought, just, 100 meters, clear the area.  I know
> I would want something like that in the Starship Troopers scenario.
> Obviously in a tight, multiple ship assault you wouldn't use it
because
> you would torch your friends, but if you stage it a little looser you
> could increase your chance of getting your cargo down.

Yikes If you have to worry about the security of the 100 meters around
the
aircraft's touchdown site then you are probably doomed to failure! But
on a more
serious note something like that falls unnder defense weapons and
systems for the
landers and not Offensive systems alal Attack craft. Re: SST setting
down amongst
Bug swarms would be just  the kind of things I expect Verhoeven's MI to
do.

> On the SS note, what about troop drops using the Heinlein method?
> Of course it would all be PA.

A whole seperate can of worms/discussion! Seperate protocols need to be
developed
for dropping troops from orbit. (We have had the detailed discussions in
the
past)

Los

Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: New Israel site update