Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: What's a RORO?

Re: Attack vs. MultiRole

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 01:12:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Attack vs. MultiRole

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, With my last breath, I spit at thee. From the depths
of Hell, I stab at thee. wrote:

> Again, that doesn't mean you want troopships engaging ground targets -
> agree thats for gunships. But it needn't be because the airframe
> couldn't be kitted out that way, or because the pilot couldn't have
the
> skillset. It should be for the one good reason - the job of getting
> troops down is different from the job of shooting up stuff.

I'm still of the opinion that if the troop ship can lob ordinance on the

target area on the way in it couldn't hurt. Not necessarily function as
gunship, but suppressive fire on the way in and way out.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: What's a RORO?