Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

Re: GMS Air

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:17:52 -0400
Subject: Re: GMS Air

Alan E and Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Carl Gustav - another fine piece of Swedish engineering that the
> Australian Army uses. Just be careful of the back-blast.

A great weapon. The US actually bought a number of those which were used
in the
Ranger battalion to replace the venerable old 90mm bazooka. (There'a
bazooka
man in each ranger platoon).

The US in general has been dicking around for a real longtime trying to
find a
good GMS/p. For some reason we abandoned teh perfectly fine and
effective 90mm
bazooka to go with the LAW which was IMO a peice of junk though useful
for
bunkers. Then we went to the VIPER (or screwed around with it for a
while), and
then now the AT4 (though there are still a lot of M66 LAWs in the system
to get
rid of.) Most in the know have maintained that the way to go all along
would
have been the Carl Gustav for all US forces but you know how DOD is with
foreign stuff...

Los

Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen