Prev: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant Next: Aliens dropship - re-released!

Re: Jets Vs Vtol

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:47:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Jets Vs Vtol

***
Fratricide (as a military term) is defined in FM30-100 (operations) "as
friendly
casualties to personnel or equipment incured due to mistaken blue on
blue
enagegements. Friendly fire and fratricde are one in the same. In fact
friendly
fire is used more commonly than fratricide in militray circles. It
soudns
like
you're trying to distinguish between equipment and personnel losses?

Los
***

Just to be pedantic, fratricide would be equivalent to LOSSES due to
friendly
fire. I gather that sometimes you get lucky and can duck friendly fire.

I thought fratricide was more intended for intentional kills, such as
the
Vietnam era 'fragging', but I thank you for getting me clear on this.

Now, I'd love to try and get this back on topic; I'm REALLY trying to
think
of a way. No joy.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant Next: Aliens dropship - re-released!