Prev: Re: Dirtside Rules Question Next: Jets Vs Vtol

Re: Dirtside Rules Question

From: colin.plummer@t...
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:01:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Dirtside Rules Question

Quoting Robertson, Brendan (Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 02:20:33PM +1000)

> Several options:
> 1.	How is he doing a "pop down".  Changing altitude between High &
Low
> mode counts as a movement action, only leaving the fire action
available.
> Pop Ups can only be done when in Low mode hover (check the rule book
re: Pop
> ups, I think it specifically mentions this).
> 2.	Field a light fighter (size 2-3) with gms/l & rfac/2. About
3-400
> points.  This should deal with those choppers at least.
> 3.	1-2 size 2 vehicles with basic ZAD - they should only cost about
150
> pts each.  (can be used as RFAC/2 against ground targets as well).
> 4.	Send in the swarm.  Nothing but size 1/armour 1 vehicles with
twin
> RFAC/1 or similar (about 60 points each, the DSII generator seems to
be
> down).  This should
> 5.	"Ultimately most problems can be solved by applying a large
brick to
> the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or
can't
> find the right skull. The devil is always in the details."  In this
case,
> you know the right skull.

I have no experience of DS2 or SG2, but surely option 6 would be
infantry armed
with SAM launchers..  rather effective against hovering helicopters with
all the
frictional heat that the blades build up.

--
Colin Plummer

Prev: Re: Dirtside Rules Question Next: Jets Vs Vtol