Prev: [GZG] GZG Player Location Page (was: Townsville North Queensland) Next: Cheap Stuff!

Re: Aliens: Models and Minis, In defense of, ...

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:18:59 +0100
Subject: Re: Aliens: Models and Minis, In defense of, ...

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Halcyon also put out a 1/35 APC, a 1/72 dropship, and an unknown-to-me
> scale
> Narcissus. We'll leave out the 1/9 warrior, queen, dog-alien, etc, as
not
> suitable for gaming. Unless you use original GI Joes, of course.
>
> Say, Bill, would you like to take on the APC??? Off-size, but I'm
getting
> tired
> of the s**t I get when I put the Bradley at the exit of my 3D Aliens
board
> game.
> ;->=

A friend of mine has 1/72nd scale resin APCs made by a company called
'Gonzoid'
(sp?). He got them from Comet Miniatures in the UK :

http://www.cometminiatures.co.uk

He bought a couple some years ago, so they could well have disappeared
by now.

> One thing that struck me was how the Sulaco looked so like a pulse
rifle.
> I'm
> planning on trying to take an Evil Empire(tm) melta-gun, cut off the
nozzle
> and
> put it on the rear, and add some antenna to the front.

I've almost finished a ship made from the gun of a Japanese giant robot
kit
(not sure what type - it was in a sale so I snapped it up). Same idea, I
guess,
although this is around 3" long.

> ***
> It says it's been discontinued, but places like Target and Toys 'R' Us
> often
> have them laying around.  You want AliensTM Collection #2, No. 74848.
eBay
> might be a possible source of this and more of the old Leading Edge
minis.
> ***
>
> The micro machines apparently didn't do well; I found them on sale and
once
> in
> awhile still do. A plus is the set that has the Sulaco also has the
alien
> warrior. If you can find it in quantity, it's worth close to full
price.

The other advantage is that the Sulaco set also has the drop ship which
would
do (at a pinch) for 1/300th. You could then split the cost with a DS2
player

Tony

Prev: [GZG] GZG Player Location Page (was: Townsville North Queensland) Next: Cheap Stuff!