Prev: [SG] question about firing when broken Next: Re: [OT] In defense of Aliens

Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

From: UsClintons@a...
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 23:52:48 EDT
Subject: Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

In a message dated 9/25/99 3:27:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
Popeyesays@aol.com writes:

> nuclear bomb...All that takes weight (mass).

hmmm...I still think you have a 'blind-spot' on this subject.  What
about
'grav-tech'?  Races have the ability to levitate a 200 ton vehicle but
they
can't artificially increase the mass of a small nuke or devise some
method to
'enrich' the fissable material to a greater extent?  Not to mention the
100s
of much more obscure things that MIGHT be possible in a century or so
yet
would make a device of this type possible.

I would be more likely to 'buy-in' to the argument (whoever stated it)
that
the 'Generals' would not trust every other grunt with a nuke.  But not
because of escalation of hostilities but because of the fear of friendly
fire!

But that's just my opinion :-)

Scott Clinton

Prev: [SG] question about firing when broken Next: Re: [OT] In defense of Aliens