Prev: Re: [FT] Miniatures gallery update Next: Re: Some SG2 ideas

Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

From: UsClintons@a...
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:19:42 EDT
Subject: Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

>> I'm sure that the sci fi tech could come up with
>> ways around terrian features triggering such an
>> Anti Personel Charge, perhaps heat signature or
>> sophsiticated target id.  Who knows.

I'll buy that.	As long as it has a fair chance of the system failing.
By that I mean not firing when it should.  Otherwise I would think it
would be VERY expensive.  If not expensive then I must ask way you don't
put this type of sensor tech on every main gun and weapon systme you
have!

Also, if they can design heat tracking or doppler radar then any good
tech officer would be able to equip his men with an equiv. counter
measures  (heat sheilds, etc.)

I am of the opinion that it is generally much easier to counter this
type of thing than it is for the sensor to spot them in the first place.
 Not to mention much cheaper.

SC

Prev: Re: [FT] Miniatures gallery update Next: Re: Some SG2 ideas