Prev: Some SG2 ideas Next: Re: [FT] Miniatures gallery update

Re: Sandcasters [My version]

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:17:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> I'dsay that if you're going to use the templates, keep them round: 3"
dia.

The original idea was for a smoke screen.

> I have some difficulty with the idea that a ship mounted weapon could
> generate sufficient particle density to do this.

Anything that is big and wide would be hell for a ship to run into at
velocity. Perhaps a higher number is needed. Some of the star wars
concepts was to use bb's fired from a rocket into the path of missiles.
Enough of those hit and no more guidance package or war head.

> I like the idea of blocking terrain, but I think that a ship mounted
weapon
> that generates it would have to be priced and massed outside the realm
of
> escorts.

its not meant as terrain, but hard smoke. It dissipates after 3+ turns.
It is exactly akin to the use of smoke by escorts (you should see the
kind of smokescreens they laid down) and the chaff dropped by bombers
during WWII.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Some SG2 ideas Next: Re: [FT] Miniatures gallery update