Prev: Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:42:33 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures

"Robert A. Crawford" wrote:

> I was under the impression that the alpha and beta nodes
> are in part responsible for the fore/aft distinction, so that the
> ship itself has to flip in order for the wedge to flip.

Both impellor rings contain both Alpha and beta nodes.	The alpha nodes
(8 of them if I remember correctly) are larger, arranged on the 8
cardinal points (does that make any sense?) the Beta nodes are smaller
and however many are arranged evenly between the alpha nodes.

>	  Or is the cold medicine getting to me?

That I cannot answer, though I spent the last three days in a
Niquil-induced haze myself.  :-)

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)