Prev: [SG] command control and morale for alien races Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Re: The Big Aussie Catamaran

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:16:14 +1000
Subject: Re: The Big Aussie Catamaran

The Prometheus of C++.... every day, it tears my liver out. wrote:

> Q: How many dudes will it hold?

500 + all equipment.

> Q2: Is it armed at all?

No, BUT... in case of any threat, stationms exist for fitting
self-defence weapons. Usually .50 cal mgs and numerous (12+)
Laser-guided  Anti-Aircraft Missiles (RBS-70) which are very effective
in a naval environment, though you pay for it in maintenance.

> Q3: Is it equipped with ECM/ECCM/EW/Decoys/PDS?

Only when needed. Plans will exist for fitting an autonomous NULKA
system	(hovering rocket), but most smart and difficult-to-jam Anti-ship
missiles will filter it out as it moves too quick so must be a decoy
helo...

> A really fascinating ship.

Looks good in Pacific Grey (actually more a Duck-egg Green).

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo