Prev: Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures Next: RE: [DS2] Dice based damage

Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:03:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures

Tim Jones wrote:

> The other great mystery is why the kilt is narrower than the
> throat on a wedge, when a kilt (clothing) is wider at its
> aft end (the leg end) than its fore end (waistband). Has anyone
> ever asked Weber about this?

I don't think they have.  My guess is that, regardless of the specific
aspect of the wedge, "down the throat" and "up the kilt" are very strong
metaphores.

The funny thing is, the ships don't really even need to have a bow or a
stern.	They don't physically flip the ship when they make turnover,
they just flip the impellor ratios.  The ships themselves look identical
on the bow and stern, the only exception being the lettering (which I
believe is only near the stern impellor ring)

Of course, you need to have a designated bow and stern for damage
control if nothing else.  It would kind of suck to travel 2 kilometers
through a ship to find yourself at the wrong missile bay.  :-)

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures Next: RE: [DS2] Dice based damage