Prev: Re: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: Re: [DS2] Dice based damage

Re: Sandcasters [My version]

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:13:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

At 07:53 AM 9/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>MY version of Sandcasters.  Orginally meant as a Sa'Vasku weapon, and
>>tentatively dubbed "The Crudcaster", but what the hey!
>>
>>One shot weapon, when fired it covers three adjascent fire arcs.  No
beam
>>fire (inculding needles) through these arcs is possible, in either
>>direction.  Any fighter or SML attack through these arcs -- again, in
>>either direction -- is hit with the eqivalent of 2 PDS shots.  Plasma
torps
>>and FB Missiles are unaffected, just like Nova and Wave guns.
>
>Why are Missiles uneffected if SMLs are?
>
>Schoon

My impression has always been that SLM Missiles need to actually *hit*
their target, while MT Missiles just have to get relatively close and
then
detonate.  The cloud of crud wouldn't be large enough to keep the
missile
from getting close enough to go boom!  -- and would provide some extra
material for the blast wave to hit the ship with in the bargain.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: Re: [DS2] Dice based damage