Prev: Re: Sandcasters [My version] Next: RE: Resin vehicles - customizing

Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

From: bbrush@r...
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:07:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

The professionals use Kneadatite, which is the green two part stuff you
see GW
selling for exhorbitant amounts.  I do know that it is available in art
stores
and direct from the manufacturer.  I don't know the contact info, but I
could
get it for you.

BTW, the reason they use kneadatite is not because it's the best, but
because it
stands up to the mold making process for the lead mini's the best.  Most
people
I know who sculpt and that don't have to worry about that use a
combination of
milli-put and kneadatite.

Bill

Popeyesays@aol.com on 09/23/1999 01:45:59 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

  To:	       gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

  cc:	       (bcc: Bill Brush/InfSys/Revenue)

  Subject      Re: Resin vehicles - customizing
  :

In a message dated 9/23/99 12:57:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
books@mail.state.fl.us writes:

<<
 What I really need is a better medium than fimo, the stuff is too
 elastic even before baking.  Anyone know what a "real" moldmaker
 uses?

Are you using FIMO for the mold? Or are you using it to make the master,
from
which you make the mold?

Try using Milliput to model in. You can make a rough shape  allow it
todry,
add more and sculpt, fairly flexible. When you the ship model you like,
then
figure out how to make the mold from it. I should plaster of paris would
make
a better MOLD than FIMO. AS an aside, try using SCULPY instead of FIMO,
find it easier to work into a smooth consistency. I have to knead FIMO
so
much and my hands can't take it. The white SCULPY is easier to work with
than
the colored version, and if it's going to be a master for something, it
certainly does not have to be colored.

Prev: Re: Sandcasters [My version] Next: RE: Resin vehicles - customizing