Prev: Resin Casting Next: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

Re: Resin Casting

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:06:43 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Resin Casting

On 23-Sep-99 at 14:02, UsClintons@aol.com (UsClintons@aol.com) wrote:
> I have been looking into this for awhile and was mainly scared off by
the
> price of resin.
>
> For a 'small' package of Alumalite brand it would cost be almost
$30.00!  I
> am not sure exactly how much that would work out to for 25mm stuff.
But I
> was intending on casting a few custom vech. (I made out of plastic
'trash')
> and a bunker.
>
> Anybody have a good source for CHEAP resin supplies in the US?

I picked mine up at "Bills Art City, but also noticed our local Ben
Franklins craft store has it.  I very much doubt this is the quality
of Alumalite, but I'm not really sure that is necessary.  I'd look
around the art supply stores, has to be a few of those in Berkeley.
Oh, and a quart should last me ages unless I start working on the
terrain
for doing the battle of Helms Deep for Fantasy Rules!

Roger Books

Prev: Resin Casting Next: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing