Prev: Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis Next: Re: Escorting convoys

Re: Escorting convoys

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:01:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Escorting convoys

On 23-Sep-99 at 10:58, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker (schoon@aimnet.com) wrote:
> >Perhaps something like the following rules for convoy escort
scenarios
> >would sort things out.
> >
> >1.  A ship may screen the convoy ships (much as a fighter group
screens a
> >ship)
> >  for incoming fire.  (The screening ship must be within 3? inches of
the
> >  convoy ship, and have a greater thrust rating, for manuevering)
>
> I like it so far. Let's take a look...
>
> >2.  Any fire directed at the convoy ship requires an extra dice roll
by
> >the	 screening ship's owner.  (Who must choose which ship to roll
> >against - you   can't screen against a swarm of ships)  If the number
> >rolled is 5+ any hits   inflicted are scored on the screening ship.
You
> >may not roll if the firing	ship is on the opposite side of the
convoy
> >ship.
>
> If you're within 3", why add this restriction. Fighters don't have it.
If
> you're within 3" and have "screening" in you orders, you have the
option to
> use the effect against ANY one ship.

If you want a die roll, make the screening roll be the difference in
thrust between what the screened ship applied and the thrust of the
screener.  For example:  cargo ship applies 2 thrust running as fast
as it can.  Screening thrust 6 destroyer uses 2 thrust keeping up.
Therefore on a 4 or less it screens incoming fire from one source.

Roger

Prev: Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis Next: Re: Escorting convoys