Prev: Re: File Maker Generators Next: Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis

Re: [wt?]Woodland Scenics

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:11:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [wt?]Woodland Scenics

Brian Burger wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> > Say terrain building dudes...I was visiting my favorite local hobby
> > retailer, and I saw something interesting in the train terrain area.
> > have spotted some "rock" moulds.  Made of rubber, you pour plaster
(or
> > somesuch...) into it, let it harden, pop it out, paint it, and
presto!
> > Rocks with a realistic texture and appearance.  There seemed to be
> > several varities of the "rock moulds".

Quick tip, something I read in a gaming magazine way back : when you mix
the
plaster, add some appropriately coloured powder paint (grey or red /
brown
depending on what colour you're going to paint your finished 'rocks').
If you
later chip or otherwise damage your rocks, you don't then get ugly white
patches showing through.

Quick tip 2 : mix short lengths of corron thread into the plaster
mixture; it
acts like the steel rods in reinforced concrete and makes the finished
casting
much tougher (apparently -  I have to say I haven't tried this one).

Tony

Prev: Re: File Maker Generators Next: Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis