Prev: Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:04:53 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> 1 fighter = 1 mass
> in DS/SG, size 4 fighters can have max aerospace armour (level 3) and
get 20
> CS of space for equipment.

Seems fair.

> When you look at the CS for carrying other vehicles, you notice that
it
> required 8 CS to carry a 5 CS (size 1) vehicle as deployable cargo
(1.5 x
> mass!)

What about as a vehicle stored in the vehicle deck on the ship? Same
number for the shops to repair and the space to move the tracks/blowers
to the well deck for boarding the shuttles? Or less?

> Thus 1 mass = 20 cs equivalent in DS/SG or you can use 1 mass = 25 cs
if you
> want to include the largest normal vehicles as 1 mass.  Effectively
it's a
> 50-55% reduction in capacity due to the change in ship mass between MT
& FB.

So the following bears statement?

Vehicle
size x 5 = CS for a vehicle
CS value x 1 for the Stored form
CS value x 1.5 for the Deployment

Infantry
1 man = 4cs Accomodations
1 man = 1cs Cryosleep
1 man = 1cs Deployment form

With 1 mass = 20 (or 25) CS.

> A FTFB mass 1 drop transport (using DSII) would be size 4, with
turretted
> twin hel/2 and could carry 10 troops.  Without the weapons, you could
> squeeze in 20 troops (about what the small Starship Troopers dropship
was
> which rescued Rico on Planet P).

Hmm, this would be the smaller sized Tactical Interface transport model
then? Is that 10 Combat equipped troops? And do you mean squeeze 20
troops in with out the drop ship having the HEL/2 or the infantry
without
weapons?

> Your mass 2 drop transport would be:
> Size 8, armour 3, ecm: enhanced (d8).
> Twin MDC/2 turret (enhanced firecon). => equivalent of an
attack/torpedo
> fighters dogfight capabilities.
> 30 cargo spaces. (30 infantry or 1 size 4 vehicle)

Then that would be the size of the Personel shuttle or system defense
gunboat resin models that GZG markets? I figured that would make a good
LCP.

And the larger Interface Drop ship would be Mass 5. And have a capacity
of a platoon of size 3 tanks. 5 x 20 = 100 and allows the 90 CS worth of

vehicles. plus 10 left over for some extra kit, 1 scout vehicle, size 1.

A LCM in other words

Then there is the huge $30 Drop ship model I have at home will carry
 (25 mass x 20 cs) 500 cs and 333 cs in vehicle space. Seems a bit of a
waste. The equivalent of a LCH.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]