Prev: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector... Next: Re: Hull Repairs

Re: DS2 - Points system query

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:37:22 +1200
Subject: Re: DS2 - Points system query

Paul Grogan wrote:
> Thought I'd save myself a lot of time and hassle by downloading
pre-designed units from people's web site.

> However, once I try and check they are correct, they seem to all have
the wrong value.  I've been to a few people's different sites and most
of them seem to be wrong.

> The first glaring errors are the cost of ablative / reactive armour
for which they've added 10% of the VSP flat and not 10% per armour
level.	This throws out the BVP and most of the other calculations.

	I believe that one older site has this problem, and the designs
are
done from it.

> Has anyone else had this same problem, and does anyone have a excel
spreadsheet to help me design vehicles?

	I have a Lotus Improv spreadsheet that works well. I've also got
catalog of most possible hull types from sizes one through seven, each
with the appropriate armour on top, in a MS Word document. I've found
that looking up my catalog, for an appropriate hull, then adding in
weapons etc, is quicker than using my spreadsheet or a design HTML
page. I've also added in my designs to my catalog, adding in variations
as I go.
	If you want the catalog, let me know and you can have it.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector... Next: Re: Hull Repairs