Prev: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector... Next: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...

APDs, LSD's and LPAs

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:55:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

After flipping through a book at borders this weekend and seeing a
section in it on Fast Transports from WWII, I decided to convert a
Ticonderoga figure.

I snipped a bit of material off the side and added a larger boxy bit of
metal that came with the wings and things set. Now the question.

With the Fleet Book as a basis, what do people use for a figure/factor
when calulating Troop/Storage compliment?. Just what was in MT? or
something else?

If I use MT, then I can up the mass to 38, drop the hull integrity to
weak, drop the firecon and beam weapons, add a ortillery system and
create a 3 capacity passenger accomodation and 5 capacity bay.

Netting 150 Crysleep Marines
2 mass 2 Assault landers, carrying 20 troops each
1 mass 1 Ships boat (unless that should be free?), carrying 10 troops
each.

Does this seem reasonable for an APD?

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector... Next: RE: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector...