Prev: RE: Starship Troopers Action Fleet Next: Hull Repairs

Re: Sandcasters

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:20:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Sandcasters

At 3:54 PM -0400 9/21/99, Roger Books wrote:
>I still think the best idea is place your convoy 6 feet off the
>table and say you are doing an intercept of the attackers.  They
>need to get their force across the table to get to the convoy.
>Also, in a 1 off you have to play with victory conditions.  The
>loss of a destroy will normally be worth more than what the
>convoy is carrying.
>
>My current cargo ship in our campaign is carrying extremely
>important supplies, 2 fighter squadrons and 7 replacement
>salvo missiles.  Is it worth a destroyer to knock these
>off?  I doubt it, but maybe...

Well, if you're trading 1 DD for the listed cargo, plus the merchie
hulls, I think you'd come out ahead. The two fighter squadrons might
be able to handle a DD by themselves, and the 7 missile salvos can
mangle a capital ship. And if your fleet is SML heavy, then losing
the ammo means you can't fight.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/
Security and Privacy Alert:
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html

Prev: RE: Starship Troopers Action Fleet Next: Hull Repairs