Prev: Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector... Next: Re: Sandcasters

Re: Sandcasters

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:41:41 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Sandcasters

On 21-Sep-99 at 13:08, Kent Nordstrom (knord@qi.ucsb.edu) wrote:
> On the sandcaster issue:
>
> Why not make 'em single-use screens?	Each "charge" is, say, 1 mass
and 3
> pts.	You can check off one or two boxes per turn, giving the effect
of
> level 1 or 2 screens, respectively, for that turn only.  The "screens"
> would also affect outgoing fire from the ship using 'em.  It doesn't
give
> the ability to defend another ship, but I think the PSB might have to
> stretch a bit far to fill even a 1" radius with the amount of sand one
would
> actually want to carry for defensive purposes.

1 mass and 3 points is too cheap, I'll put them on all my big boys
because
they are MUCH less than the 5%.  However, maybe with the stipulation:

Sandcasters may not be used if the ship thrusts at all.

Otherwise my SDN (250 mass) is going to rip out its level II screens
(25 mass) and replace it with 14 mass of sandcasters.

Roger

Prev: Re: Sandcasters, was [FT] Vector... Next: Re: Sandcasters