Prev: Re: [FT] Real Shields - was: Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval Next: Re: Repair hull/armour?

Re: Repair hull/armour?

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:17:07 +1200
Subject: Re: Repair hull/armour?

Roger wrote:
> Can damage control parties repair hull and/or armour?

And the masked Mk replied:
> Nope. Page 6 of More Thrust: "...Note that Damage Control parties may
NOT attempt to repair structural hull damage..."

Roger wrote:
> We were just discussing Trek style ships, and repairing armour would
be a good simulation of shields,  then the discussion turned to the
fact that I don't remember seeing a rule about not repairing
hull/armour.

Shield/armour would be interesting. It only appears at "RED" alert
status. Perhaps using critical hit rolls to regenerate one box at a
time, and maybe vanishing if/when the power core fails.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: Re: [FT] Real Shields - was: Vector vs. cinematic; air vs. naval Next: Re: Repair hull/armour?