Prev: RE: [SG] vehicle fire combat question Next: Re: GZG Events in England/South Wales in October?

RE: [SG] vehicle fire combat question

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:16:22 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] vehicle fire combat question

Hmm, honestly I would be recommending that you don't play the rules as
such
but play "the game". What do I mean you ask?

In an infantry squad, fire control can include/exclude squad heavy
weapons:
"Section, 200m, 11 o'clock, left edge of tree line, rapid, FIRE!" as
opposed
to "Rifle Group, 200m, 12 o'clock, right edge of tree line 1 minute
sustained, FIRE"

A vehicle will generally engage a point target with teh main gun and use
the
SAW in an anit-infantry role or perhaps to indicate a fall of
shot/target
for someone else. Consider engaging a hardened building; generally a
vehicle
would EITHER engage the target with the main gun in hopes of destroying
it
or hose it with MG fire to suppress whoever is inside (or maybe provoke
response? Recon by fire...).

So really I would be asking why you are trying to fire both weapons. :-)

Cheers,

Owen G