Prev: Re: FT:Battlestar Galactica Question Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

RE: Trouble gettin' stuff? [CLEAN STAMP]

From: krs@g...
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:44:19 -0700
Subject: RE: Trouble gettin' stuff? [CLEAN STAMP]

On 17 Sep 99, at 15:16, Rick Rutherford wrote:

> krs@geohex.com wrote:

> > I guess what I'm trying to say is that instead of assessing blame, I

> > need to work on strategies to increase my marketshare IN SPITE
> > of the limitations of the current supply system.  Any ideas??
>
> In a perfect world, you would have an agent who would stock the
> distributors' shelves with your product on a monthly basis, and would
> bill them monthly according to how much stuff was needed to be
re-stocked.

> If you think you know how much of what item will sell within a 3-month
> peroid, you might be willing to ship them a rack of figures, rulebooks
> and terrain at the beginning of a quarter, and take returns from them
> at the end of the quarter, billing them for whatever doesn't get
> returned. This would eliminate some of their risk for them, and get
more
> of your stuff into their warehouse.

Sigh!  I wish I could afford a strategy like that!  Unfortunately the
sheer amount of capital investment in inventory required is beyond
me at the moment.

KR

======
> 09/17/99 15:16:59
>
> [INFO] -- Virus Manager:
> This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and itÂ’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: Re: FT:Battlestar Galactica Question Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?