Prev: Re: railguns Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

Re: Search for historical presence: Small vessels and the Wall or Line of Battle

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:20:53 -0600
Subject: Re: Search for historical presence: Small vessels and the Wall or Line of Battle

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:25:48 -0700, Nathan Pettigrew writes:
> [...]

As I
>write this I have visions of an almost invulnerable DD with 1 point of
Class
>4 armor.  If it was costed correctly, that might be all he could carry,
if
>that.

Why not do something like:

Class 1 armor stops the first point of damage from any attack for free
(i.e. no boxes lost).  Would require people to roll each weapon
seperately though (i.e. these 3 dice are a class 3, these 2 are a
class 2, etc).

This would have to be VERY expensive though.

Average Damages at short range.  Assumes screens don't degrade damage
on re-rolls;

	   no screen	1 screen    2 screen	1 armor    2 armor
Class-1      0.8	  0.64	      0.47	 0.299	     0.133
Class-2      1.6	  1.28	      0.94	 0.85	     0.432
Class-3      2.4	  1.92	      1.41	 1.525	     0.898
Ptorp	     3.5	  3.5	      3.5	 2.67	     1.97

So, even armor 1 (in this system) would be much more effective than
screens.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: railguns Next: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?