Prev: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm Next: Re: DDs/DDEs

Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:53:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

I'd like to add a mea culpa; I've actually spent more time posting
here than I've spent playing. Without word of mouth, or impromtu
demoes, small game/companies just can't get the exposure.

Even with folks like KR putting out con prizes/giveaways. Evil
Empire (tm) has folks that are practically paid out there floggin'
the stuff.

To a small extent, I can claim a little redemption with having played
FT in a small con first part of the month, and about to attempt a
campaign down at the local store. Finally going to trot out that
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century map. Hobie and Bill have no idea how
complex this is gonna be.

To the the truth, I'm still writing, so neither do I. ;->=

Bottom line, the game we're all enjoying enough to play AND play
with has to main things going for it: simplicity and dedicated
following. These work well together; it's a quick game to teach, and
it can keep 'em coming back.

Just offer to teach when a opportunity arrises, and play nice. As
for models, the idea is you can play with what's available.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm Next: Re: DDs/DDEs