Prev: RE: railguns Next: Re: Concertina Wire, Camo Netting, Barbed Wire in 25mm

RE: railguns

From: bbrush@r...
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:34:49 -0500
Subject: RE: railguns

Inertial redirectors?  Hmmm, so you could conceivably use them to
redirect the
force of the recoil in such a way  that firing the railguns would
increase your
forward velocity.  Talk about your odd thoughts.

:-)

Bill

"Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@dscc.dla.mil> on 09/16/1999 11:29:02 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

  To:	       "'gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU'"
	       <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>

  cc:	       (bcc: Bill Brush/InfSys/Revenue)

  Subject      RE: railguns
  :

Inertial dampers? If you have this technology, why not Inerta impellers
and/or inertia storage.

Quite a while ago, I decided that the PSB for cinematic movement was a
combination of gravity drive for thrust and an Inertia Redirection
System
for turns. This is why ships maintain velocity (and inertia) through a
turn
(even a 180 degree turn).

-----