Prev: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff? Next: Re: simple strategic campaign for FT

Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:38:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Trouble gettin' stuff?

What happens is that the stores order only a few items at a time from
their
regular distributors, but because GZG stuff isn't a huge seller, the
distributors wait for orders to build up to the point where they have
enough stuff on order to get a good discount from the supplier.  So your
order sits in limbo for months.  This happens a lot with smaller
suppliers'
products - and is annoying as heck...

OR it could be the store doing the same thing and not telling you the
truth
about it - ie waiting until they have enough orders so THEY can get
their
discount from the distributor.	I've had that happen a couple of times.

If you are having trouble, order direct from GeoHex (www.geohex.com) OR
from GZG themselves in England.  If you're ordering vehicle kits, order
from GeoHex 'cause the shipping costs from England will be huge.  My
friends and I have ordered from KR (at GeoHex) several times, and have
been
quite satisfied with the service.  Because I'm in Canada, we play the
value
of our dollar against that of the US, the Brit Pound, and the Australian
Dollar.  Sometimes it's cheaper for us to order from Australia even with
the extra shipping, and Nick at Eureka miniatures there is excellent.
But
if you're in the US, go direct to GeoHex and they'll set you right.

>Ryan M Gill wrote:
>
>> The distributers seem to not want to carry the stuff. I've gone
through
>> two diff stores. The Distributers will hem and haw about not being
able
>> to get this or that. The store goes direct to GZG and its out in a
flash.

>> - Ryan Montieth Gill 	   DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
>> - ryan.gill@turner.com      I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
>> - rmgill@mindspring.com		www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
>> - '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
>
>Do these distributors have spys everywhere?  If not, how would they
know?

>Just curious.	(I had this problem too, when I was trying to order
FT2/MT.)