Prev: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle Next: Purveyors of fine GZG products

Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:11:15 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle

bbrush@rev.state.ne.us wrote:

> Luigi Rizzo was in No. 15

> Rizzo passed
> through the destroyer screen and hit the SZENT
> ISTVÁN amidships with two torpedoes. The battleship slowly rolled
over and sank
> as the M.A.S. made their escape. Rizzo, timing it
> exactly, released his depth charges under the bows of a closing
destroyer, and
> forced it to give up the pursuit.

What's more amazing about the Esteemed Captain Rizzo was that he'd
already sunk the AH Battleship WIEN earlier on in the war...

I've often wondered what he could have done if given the command of say,
a light cruiser rather than an MTB. Probably sailed up the Danube and
personally occupied Vienna, followed shortly by Buda and Pesht.

But 2 battleships with 1 MTB isn't bad by any standards.
--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: [FT] Re: Small vessels and the Line of Battle Next: Purveyors of fine GZG products