Prev: Re: Background? was Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: RE: SG non penetrating hits on size two and above vehicles

Re: railguns

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:27:27 -0400
Subject: Re: railguns

Los wrote:
> A question for you propellor heads. At what velocity do you think a
decent
> railgun projector (ala KV design) would spit out its slugs and how
large
> would they be?

	Hard to say.
	Offhand I'd say they would be spat out at a minimum of
	twelve miles per second, and mass enough to
	do serious damage to a ship.

	joules of damage = ( kg projectile ) * ( velocity^2)
					  2

Prev: Re: Background? was Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: RE: SG non penetrating hits on size two and above vehicles