Prev: SG2: HMG stats? Next: RE: SG2: HMG stats?

Re: Simple System Thrust (Campaign)

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 01:29:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Simple System Thrust (Campaign)

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >Could a turn be a few hours long?  (I know some will ask this...me
too.)

> Just so you know what I was working with: I assumed there were 10
turns in
> a day, each turn approximately 2.5 hours long.
>
> So 1 turn = 10 FT turns

So you could keep track of the number turns a battle takes.  Divid it by
10, and
then let that many "system turns" pass before the combatants can take
another
system turn.

> >The arbitrary FTL limit is fine.  You could give a rating to sol's
size, (like
> >1-10, with sol being say 5)	then use a simple multiplier for the FTL
limit.
> >(my example Sol's would be 6 x 5 = 30 hexes.
>
> Simply use Sol as a "base unit" and figure other stars in comparison.
I was
> just looking to get the base system down.

Looks good so far.  My idea is just an example...

> >Or use dice rolls to place the planets.
>
> I thought about this, but I couldn't think of an easy way to do it.
> Suggestions?

You could roll a 6-sider to place each planet.	Or a 12-sider to allow
more
variablity.

> >Retreating ships would retreat back the system map in the proper hex.
>
> Exactly. Great idea! Direction you leave the tabletop is the hex you
> retreat into.
>
> >Now it needs random system generation, and it would make a fine
addition the a
> >Strategic Product. (hint, hint Jon (GZG))
>
> Works for me ;-)
>
> Schoon

I am gonna haveta give this thing a try sometime.

Donald Hosford

Prev: SG2: HMG stats? Next: RE: SG2: HMG stats?