Prev: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation Next: Re: FB small carrier construction

Re: Small ships and Wall of Battle

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:38:45 -0700
Subject: Re: Small ships and Wall of Battle

Thomas Barclay wrote:
...Snip...JTL
> ** Hit difficulty based on size profile is an absent concept in FT...
> except that you cannot engage fighters till they hit a certain range.
> Ships marginally bigger (less than 10 mass) are easy to hit at all
> ranges. Has anyone experimented with a mass based modifier to
> effective range? If so, I'd be interested in seeing what they
> implemented.
...Snip...JTL
> Thomas Barclay

     A long time ago, I made a suggestion for this.

Escorts : minus one on the die roll.
Cruisers: No modifier
Capital : Plus one on the die roll.

This was for FT2.0 and should not allow anything but a
natural 6 if using the FTFB.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [OT]: Roughnecks - SST Animation Next: Re: FB small carrier construction