Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Search for historical presence: Small vessels and the Wall or Line of Battle

Re: SGII Newbie Question

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:26:27 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII Newbie Question

UsClintons@aol.com wrote:

> I simply cannot reconcile the fact that somehow orcs discovered and
use
> faster than light travel daily (and everything that goes with it) and
yet the
> about best weapon they use on the battlefield is a "Big Shoota"! :-))
Let
> alone some of the ridiculous other items like jump packs that blow up
and
> kill the wearer on a 1 in 6 with each use, etc.  Nope, my orcs are
more like
> Klingons with REAL bad manners...that just happen to be green! :-))

Well if your orcs are smart enough to have discovered FTL then they
should be
smart enough to develop advanced tactics also instead of moving in
inefficient
and unweildy mobs. <grin> Actually regarding ORC technology, I thought
the Orcs
didn't invent anything? They were (I'm simplifying greatly,) essentially
a slave
race of creatures that eventually grew smart enough (through the crap
their
captors/masters had been feeding them to make them smart enough for
useful
tasks.) They eventually overthrow their masters and bust out into outer
space.
Everything they use is stolen, taken etc not invented by them. there are
some
Orcs that are smarter than others and do maintenace and some R&D (which
puts
cobbles all the weird shit they use.but apart from them they are a race
of users
not creators. I know that W40k dumbed them down (christ haven't they
done that
for just about everything?) but the origins of the races have more or
less
remained the same. Then again haven't really read that stuff in a while.
But
anyway who cares?

Los

Prev: Re: SGII Newbie Question Next: Search for historical presence: Small vessels and the Wall or Line of Battle