Prev: Re: Stellardyne Minis Was: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions Next: Re: Random Firing in Phases

Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:56:35 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] PSB and Turn Length

Hmmm. Single syllables. A formidable opponent. (The Tick) wrote:

> Urrrr.....[raises hand]...question: why the 'low thrust move first,
> high thrust move last'? Or do you guys not do preplotted movement?
> And if so, how do you handle all the 5/6 and 3/4 ships with respect
> to each other?
>
> Mk

     You are correct, we do not pre-plot moves.   This is also a
way to save time.   Yes, the MT missiles move first, and no real
difference has been noted in the 'accuracy' of the MT missiles.

Sequence:
1) MT missiles.
2) Thrust 1/2 ships.
3) Thrust 3/4 ships.
4) Thrust 5/6 ships.
5) Thrust 7/8 ships.
6) Fighters
7) Firing occures in reverse order.

Note that the fighters have no ranged fire and move into 'base to base'
contact to have combat (with both ships and enemy fighters).

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Stellardyne Minis Was: Space Above and Beyond GZG conversions Next: Re: Random Firing in Phases