Prev: [URL FT CGI] Freeware HERE Next: Re: SFSFW FT Tournament

[FMA] Costing Explosive Weapons

From: "A Scruffy Drummer" <jfriant@h...>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 10:22:05 EDT
Subject: [FMA] Costing Explosive Weapons

I've been lurking on this list for a number of months now and have
thoroughly enjoyed the discussions on SG and FMA.  But anyway... I was
trying to make up some scenarios using the cost system to generate equal

forces and ran into an area that hasn't been developed: Grenade
Launchers.

There are two ways to use these weapons: FP die -or- increasing the
difficulty by 1 for each range band and roll verses quality die.

The first way gives you:
GL: FP D8,D6,D4; Close Rng 10"; Impact D10; Blast Radius 1"; Cost 28.
(I'm thinking of the ones attaching to an assault rifle, and I might be
using too short of a range band).

Divide by two and you get the cost of a reload (14), correct?  And a GL
only
has room for 1 round in the chamber which means you only get one shot if
you
don't buy additional reloads.

I don't know how to cost the second one, but it gives a better range:
60"
max.

So the questions are: Do GL equipped troops tend to carry only a few
rounds
and this cost makes sense?  And secondly, if you use the second method
for
firing the weapon how do you calculate the cost?

Jim

Prev: [URL FT CGI] Freeware HERE Next: Re: SFSFW FT Tournament