Prev: SFSFW FT Tournament Next: [URL FT CGI] Freeware HERE

RE: SFSFW FT Tournament

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:15:43 +0100
Subject: RE: SFSFW FT Tournament

>We decided to use Version 2.5 of the Full Thrust rules (those in the
>Full Thrust Fleet Book) as these are the most up-to-date version of the
>rules. They give a standard set which are clear, unambiguous and agreed
>upon.

Thats debatable, see the FAQ. Plus all the 'real' fighter rules are in
MT.

>As we were already using Version 2.5, we decided to use the vessels
>listed in those rules. However, to prevent a "Jon Tuffley" monopoly, we
>decided that it would be a good idea to allow other, SFSFW recognised,
>vessels into the game. The only vessels that we know of that fit into
>the default Full Thrust universe are those manufactured by Brigade
>Miniatures.

Are the Brigade ships balanced though Tony?

On building fleets have you pointed John at the Gencon/ECC tournament
rules they have all ready been playtested and Gencon/ECC players
may have some observations to add. I'd also add some defense against
the known cheese tactics.

Very good idea though and I hope to take part if my SFSFW
membership comes through this year (sometime - when's the next Rag out?)

-= tim jones =-

Prev: SFSFW FT Tournament Next: [URL FT CGI] Freeware HERE