Prev: [URL] FT CGI Update Next: Re: Why Sensors??

Re: [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments (longish)

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:52:01 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] World Sci Fi Con comments (longish)

>Last Friday, I went to the World Science Fiction Convention (Aussiecon
3),
>mainly to attend a lecture done by JMS (Bab5).  Hopefully this is of
>interest to most of you.

Did you attend JMS's main talk? That was VERY entertaining and
interesting.
He showed some vids - a compilation of bloopers from all five seasons, a
fan
vid that was sort of trailer with B5 meets Star Wars, and showed most of
an
episode of Crusade with pauses between each act to discuss it and take
further questions. He was very interesting to listen to and it is
obvious he
has a very strong personality.

(Personally, I wasn't too impressed by Crusade - the ship looked a bit
_too_
fake, and some of the effects and sets seemed below par. It all seemed a
bit
retro. But then, I saw half of one episode so I wont form a cohesive
opinion
on that)

>I wandered around the site after this to check out the displays &
traders
>hall.	There was an art gallery display, which included some 1-2'
models of

DId you see the Frontier table? Selling magazines. That's _my_ magazine
<grin>. If there was a tall, dark haired guy with a goatee there, that
was
me.

>I dropped in on the TV presentation after that.  It was for an x-file
style
>show, which had actually been shot about 3 years before X-files
started,
the
>main interest was it is an Australian production.  Unfortunately I
didn't
>catch whether it would actually go mainstream at any point.

Ah yes, Damon Dark. I've heard a little about it. It wasn't shot before
The
X Files started, but it was written and developed. It's showing on
Channel
31 (Community TV) in Melbourne.

Jeremy Sadler
jsadler@earthling.net
Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site
http://stargrunt.virtualave.net

Prev: [URL] FT CGI Update Next: Re: Why Sensors??