Prev: RE: Integrating Snipers into DirtSide II Next: Re: Integrating Snipers into DirtSide II

RE: Why Sensors??

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 17:52:21 GMT
Subject: RE: Why Sensors??

>I've been doing some general mulling over the rules that have been
>put forth by various contributors to the list (including my own), and
>have come to the general conclusion that they're all too complex.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with this.  I've been deleting all the
Sensor stuff, because it just involves too much extra calculation and
dice
rolling.

If I were to do something for campaign purposes, I'd just abstract the
beam
system -- Class Ones are civilian sensors, Class Twos are military,
Class
Three are Spiffy Military.  Ranges are calculated by hexes, and dice are

rolled exactly as normal beam fire.  One point of "damage" gives a
partial
reading, two or more points give a full reading.  Stealth could be
purchased, and would work against sensors precisely the same way that
screens work against beams.

And again: I agreen with Schoon: If you are within combat range, you are

well within minimum sensor range.

John Crimmins	  john1x@hotmail.com   johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
    Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: RE: Integrating Snipers into DirtSide II Next: Re: Integrating Snipers into DirtSide II