Prev: Re: [GZGPedia] Re: Corporate Power: ITTT Next: RE: [GZGPedia] Re: Corporate Power: ITTT

Re: FMA Suppression

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:55:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FMA Suppression

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> 3: HMGs vs. LMGs. vs. SAWs - someone pointed out (via a wonderful
> URL - written by a US Marine I'm thinking) a bit about the use of
> suppression and aggressive attack even in the defence. One of the
> comments made was that the HMG is not necessarily better at
> suppression - it fires slower. It's rounds have more penetration, but
> the higher ROF from the lighter weapon may give better suppression.
> HMGs are good for killing light vehicles and for attacking at long
> ranges.

The thing about HMG's vs LMGs IS the penetration. The NVA Hated the M2HB

(.50 Cal MG) because it had long range and gobs of penetration. 7.62
will
cut down a small tree. .50 will go through the tree no problem. Getting
shot at by an M2HB would have me looking for some really thick cover and

trying to get under it.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: [GZGPedia] Re: Corporate Power: ITTT Next: RE: [GZGPedia] Re: Corporate Power: ITTT