Prev: Re: FMA rules (Me too.) Next: Corporate Power: ITTT

Re: A minor power for FT

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:56:25 -0500
Subject: Re: A minor power for FT

My own Texaco Free Trade Zone (I HAVE sent Jerry an official
request for name change ;->= ) postulates a group employees
from a losing corp in the 'Corporate Wars' setting up a state
in a region in 'Terra Incognita', in this case a nebula with gas
planets with hydrogen rich in tritrium. Probably a false assumption,
but current fusion seems to depend on it.

I assumed that all the corporations had assets deep in the
exploration zones, and renegade employees still more loyal to a
corp over a nation might well escape to such a local planning a
comeback. After some time they will become a state as well.

Ships I've been working on so far are mainly corporate patrol boats,
bloated/converted merchant transports as huge but fragile carriers,
and gas skimmers as big, bad multi-special fighters. Haven't seen
light of day amongst the play group, yet.

My take was that the interstellar corporations grew huge parallel
to, not in competition with, the political states. Up until the
corporate wars did so much destruction that the corporations were
broken up and muzzled, leaving a few deep space remnants. YMMV.

By the way, I had a design for a con scenario for the beginning of
the Corporate wars that started as a small scuffle between
security cordons at the border of two corporate space 'parks'.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: FMA rules (Me too.) Next: Corporate Power: ITTT