Prev: RE: FT fighter combat (game idea) Next: RE: FT fighter combat (game idea)

Re: FT fighter combat (game idea)

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:20:02 -0400
Subject: Re: FT fighter combat (game idea)

That PBEM game (SD fighters converted to FT ships, vector movement) was
bit too ambitious; I actually tried to convert the SD aliens (Night
Brood)
and they're very different than other races / FT forces.  Mines,
tactical
warp jumps, limited number of obscuring screens and high damage / low
hit
frequency weapons dominate their tactics.

I also didn't know how to use FTMAP yet, and that hindered the game.

Prev: RE: FT fighter combat (game idea) Next: RE: FT fighter combat (game idea)