Prev: RE: 3D Avalon Next: Re: 3D Avalon

Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:41:58 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes

On 25-Aug-99 at 21:12, Beth Fulton (beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au) wrote:
> G'day Glen,
>
> >I'm trying to convert SFB ships to FT (I have lots of minis) and the
> >plasma torpedo firing races pose a problem.	They can fire the torps
and
> >other weapons as well in the same turn in SFB.
>
> Umm, I may have missed something here, but why don't you just use the
FT
> p-torps?

p-torps pretty well fit with star trek photon-torpedoes.  What he is
after is a huge ball of plasma that follows its target, getting weaker
with range.  In SFB you could shoot a plasma, for every two points of
damage you did the plasma torp lost a potential damage point.  They
were trying to model ST:TOS.

Roger

Prev: RE: 3D Avalon Next: Re: 3D Avalon