Prev: Re: FTL Jumps and making it tricky... Next: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes

Re: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:13:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> The problem with space is that it is literally space.  The amount of
space
> you are talking about is difficult to imagine.  I mapped out our solar
system
[snip]

Cue Hitchhikers Guide
	"space is big, really really big,...."

> and the distance of each hex was 0.4 AU's.  In the accepted tactical
of 1"
> equals 1,000 km's, that means the are of that 0.4 AU hex is about 3.6
BILLION

Oooh, scale...*notes scale down...*

Theoretically there would be more likely places that ships could JUMP
in.
Pretty much where the planets and moons/asteroids aren't.

If jupiter and Saturn are on the other side of the Solar Hemisphere,
then
it would stand to reason you could jump in there safely...Put an
interdictor ship there and it may cause problems when they un fold space

for that point...

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: FTL Jumps and making it tricky... Next: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes