Prev: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes Next: Re: FT fighter combat (game idea)

Re: [TER] Modge-Podge

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 01:22:27 GMT
Subject: Re: [TER] Modge-Podge

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:54:27 -0700, Ndege Diamond <nezach@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>At 06:31 PM 8/25/99 +0100, you wrote:
>>Thanks Roger - I found out that ~ 50/50 PVA/Water is equivalent to
>>to Modge Podge and that its designed for Decoupage.

I can't remember the original poster, but I took this from Ndedge's
post.

I used another brand of decoupage stuff. Be careful, it isn't EXACTLY
like
50/50 white glue/water. I found that the podge stuff was glossy or
semi-glossy. Slightly bare (or thinner) patches are shiny on some of my
miniatures. I don't like the result.

Instead I bought model railroad glue. It is essentially white glue and
water,
but gives a better, flat result.

As in anything in the hobby, try it first on a scrap miniature or a
piece of
cardboard before going whole hog.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: FT: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns, as plasma torpedoes Next: Re: FT fighter combat (game idea)